Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Combined Cultures

Every week I get eager to go to Blue Hills Reservation. It’s important for me to understand that every trip I make there I will feel secure and content. The people surrounding me usually make my experience comfortable or uncomfortable. The importance about Blue Hills is it is enclosed with different cultures but everyone seems to respect each other. Everyone is there for the same reason therefore people are focused on themselves and not anyone else. I have always felt that nature comforts me and maybe others agree.
The landscape is important towards these people because it is a major factor of there self perception. The interesting idea about this place is it will never stop creating more trails in the nature. Everyday people choose different routes and can eventually form new trails. The tower at the top is the focal point in this area. People like to come to this park just for that structure. Reading the article for this week it made me think about this tower being destroyed. The majority of people you will approach are situated at the tower. There is a variety of fixed seating that develops you to interact with others. People eventually create all different aspects at this location. This tower is important to the population because it develops the primary concepts of their environmental behavior.
The topic for this week was more difficult than the others. Although this area consists of different subcultures no one is judgmental. People do not look at anyone different, majority of guest are there to take pleasure in a relaxed, peaceful walk. This area lets you choose to interact or not therefore controversy does not occur. No one feels they have more power than others.

No comments: